The design and engineering process is the set of steps that a designer takes to go from first, identifying a problem or need to, at the end, creating and developing a solution that solves the problem or meets the need.
The steps of the design and engineering process are to:
- Define the Problem
- Do Background Research
- Specify Requirements in close collaboration with clients
- Create Alternative Solutions
- Choose the Best Solution with feedback from the customer
- Do Development
- Create Construction Document
- Submit to regulating agencies for approval
During the design process, designers frequently jump back and forth between steps. Going back to earlier steps is common. This way of working is called iteration, and it is likely that your process will do the same!
To learn more about Architectural Design and Engineeering Subscribe to our bi weekly Newsletter Click here to Subscribe